ABOUT THE COMPANY
HME Services Pty Ltd (“HME”) began its operations when our Director acted as a consultant mechanical engineer to a variety of clients. Since then, the business has grown now having two locations, Sydney and Queensland, and a number of high profile clients. We offer a one-stop-shop solution to the entertainment industry. HME’s team has a wide skills base including licensed electricians, welders, fitters and turners, AV integration specialists, and qualified mechanical engineers. We are committed to get the job the job done with a high level of integrity and customer service.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the AV Technician is the installation, testing and troubleshooting of all aspects of AV on customers premises.
• Planning of works to ensure all items are done in a timely manner.
• OHS responsibilities associated with installation tasks including the development of SWMS.
• Performing equipment installation and troubleshooting for AV projects at client sites.
• Pulling cable, providing structural mounting of equipment (including projectors, displays, microphones and
• Placing equipment racks and control panels.
• Connecting and terminating cables neatly.
• Complete quality control checks at different stages of installation.
• Communicate with Site Manager or Project Manager with regards to the status of works as required.
• Assist with testing and commissioning in order to gain final sign off.
• Support the mechanical onsite installation team with installs when needed.
• Keeping client sites appropriately clean.
• Perform maintenance/service tasks for equipment installed into venues.
• The ability to multi-task & manage a busy work environment.
• The ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
• Willingness to work outside standard working hours as per require of the project/job.
An attractive hourly rate and weekly tool allowance forms part of this offer as well as working with a growing business with long term contracts in place.
Your trade background could be varied but it is your experience in electrical component installation, building electrical work or electrical fitting that we are interested in. Qualifications would be ideal but more than 3 years experience would also be considered in this role.
Key Relationships will be with Site Managers and internal Manufacturing team.
A Construction General Induction (White Card) is required. Elevated Work Platforms License and Working at Heights Certificate is desired.
Exposure to Programming would also be beneficial but not essential as training is available.
You have already applied for this job!
You are applying for...
Your application has been submitted
We will save your responses so you don't have to do this again next time you apply.
You can choose to appear in tradie search by editing your profile in the TRADIE HUB when logged in to TRADE-O, but for now we won't share your information unless you apply for a job.
Wait! didn't I already give you my name & email?
Yes, but for privacy reasons we keep your personal account login information separate!
Contact & Location
Your Trade Background
(If we don't have your trade let us know.)
For best results ensure your resume is up to date, includes all of your recent employment history and at least two professional references.
Industry Qualifications & Licences
If you don't have all of these, that's ok. Just skip ahead to the drivers licence qustion
(We highly recommend you upload a copy here)
(If you have one)
General Construction Tickets
High Risk Licences
Civil Operator Licences
Rope Access Tickets
Your information has been successfully saved!
An error has occurred, please check your info and try again