Apprentice Timber Flooring Installer
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our small timber flooring business is located in Brisbane, Qld. We are biased — but we are pretty sure we are the coolest timber flooring place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the world one floor at a time (you will see what we mean when you check out our online presence!).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs — there is some good news and there is some bad news.
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
• You’ll have to get qualified. That’s right, that means, turn that previous experience into a certificate 3 in flooring technology.
•also, you will need to move, If you like where you live you will have to leave that behind and make the journey to Brisbane, Qld.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
1. You’ll work for someone who loves timber flooring.
2. The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. We work primarily in nice houses with nice views.
3. We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first time.
4. The hours fluctuate depending upon the day’s work but you can count on us not working Sundays & public holidays.
5. You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do.
1. You need to be the type person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
2. You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good, by making other people feel good.
3. You need to nail down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done half- assed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to slow things down and get them done right. But not too slow as things still need to get done on time. If you can’t install a minimum of 20m2 then this isn’t the place for you.
4. We want you to be meticulous in your work. If you are shy or quiet (which actually sounds perfect for us) that is totally cool. We are not looking for the life of the party...in fact, quite the opposite. We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets stuff done.
In short, your job is to help the team in any way you can. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our workplace is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick holler to Cairo, Greg or Rodrigo.
5. You need to be able to work solo with minimal guidance. As a craftsman you are expected to be able to complete any task assigned.
6. You must have an Australian manual car licence & work safe in construction card.
This is a skilled type job. The initial pay rate is $30 an hour to start (first 90days) and the hours will be 30-50 a week. You must come into our Centenary suburbs facility and then out to the job site from there. You’ll also get paid public holidays, sick pay and annual leave, so you’ll have plenty of time to rest and refresh yourself throughout the year without having to worrying about missing out on payday. All this on offer when you have shown your worth it, after starting casual.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detailed oriented and can
follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include “I have found my type of peeps” in the subject line. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
You have already applied for this job!
You are applying for...
Apprentice Timber Flooring Installer
Your application has been submitted
We will save your responses so you don't have to do this again next time you apply.
You can choose to appear in tradie search by editing your profile in the TRADIE HUB when logged in to TRADE-O, but for now we won't share your information unless you apply for a job.
Wait! didn't I already give you my name & email?
Yes, but for privacy reasons we keep your personal account login information separate!
Contact & Location
Your Trade Background
(If we don't have your trade let us know.)
For best results ensure your resume is up to date, includes all of your recent employment history and at least two professional references.
Industry Qualifications & Licences
If you don't have all of these, that's ok. Just skip ahead to the drivers licence qustion
(We highly recommend you upload a copy here)
(If you have one)